Tuesday, September 23, 2008

[MRL 354] Hal Galper - Wild Bird



MRL 354
1973


Personnel:

Hal Galper - Piano, Piano (Electric)
Michael Brecker - Sax (Soprano), Sax (Tenor)
Randy Brecker - Trumpet
Victor Gaskin - Bass, Bass (Acoustic)
Bill Goodwin - Drums
Billy Hart - Drums
Bob Mann - Guitar



Tracks:

A1 Convocation
A2 Wild Bird
A3 Change Up

B1 This Moment
B2 Whatever



Producer - Bob Shad
Engineer - Carmone Rubino
Photography - Raymond Ross

15 comments:

E-mile said...

anyone out there???

cheeba said...

i hope so! that guerilla band album is awesome and i'd love to hear this one too.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to check this one too. Bet it's a beaut!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about this album but
if you go to elgoog 'Say Hello to' 28 Settembre in the comment there is a link for 'Hal Galper Trio - Tippin' 1992'

dka said...

This is a great album. It can be obtained at i-tunes along with quite a few rare Mainstream items.

blackclassical said...

hey cheeba for you mate:
http://soundsfromtheedgeoftheuniverse.blogspot.com/2008/10/hal-galper-wild-bird-1972.html

cheeba said...

cheers greg!

Anonymous said...

Hi friends ! I search this Hal Galper's album many years. I can't download this album.How I can download ? Thanks for answer.

cheeba said...

Hi Anon,

Try here:

http://blackclassical.wordpress.com/2008/10/26/hal-galper-wild-bird-1972/

Then check the comments. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for link. Album is very good ! But lost one track : ,,Whatever''(7.16)

Hanimex 3000 said...

from Hal Galper's website:

[c. 1975-76]
"Another [Hal Galper's] major realization was that he had been avoiding the acoustic piano and the responsibilities of it.
''I had to go back,'' he said, ''after all, I was an acoustic pianist.
''
As a symbol of his commitment to himself, he wheeled his Fender Rhodes to a dock on the Hudson and threw it into the river, watching the bubbles rise as it sank."


f*** idiot. If somebody has enough time to drag Hudson Lake...

blackclassical said...

now black classical has gone, here is the direct link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gzmmtr2xrq2

Missing track, Whatever is in a seperate pack ooops:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nz5wezezcdt

cheers
greg

A Little Parallelogram of Sky said...

Greg,

Huge, massive, economic-downturn-sized thanks for the links to this one. I'd written it up as a lost cause when I stumbled upon this site.

-FF

sitarswami said...

Wow! Wild & unexpected. I never would have guessed the Breckers could pull off something like this. Thanks for the post. It's great discovering something this good.

Philo said...

Another album that I had never heard of.

Some of these tracks are quite beautiful.

Thanks.