
Gloria Coleman - Organ, Vocals
Earl T. Dunbar, Jr - Guitar
Charles Davis - Drums
Ray Copeland - Flugel Horn
James Anderson - Sax (Tenor)
Dick Griffin - Trombone
1 - Boogaloo For Ernie
2 - Sunday, Monday Or Always
3 - Fungii Mama
4 - You Better Go Now
5 - Blues For Youse
6 - Blue Bossa
7 - Love Nest
8 - Fly Me To The Moon
8 comments:
This album is a hidden soul-jazz-treasure. Deserves to be better known!
http://www.mediafire.com/?anmylyxymau
Good night!
Arkadin
Wow! Treasure is right! This is a COOKIN' record and any Hammond head NEEDS to grab it if they don't already have it!
Thanks Arkadin!
This album has a really interesting lineup. I didn't realize that Ted Dunbar popped up on so many Mainstream albums (anybody have any of his albums as a leader?). Dick Griffin kills it every time.
Thanks for this. I only knew that album she did for Impulse...
I also only heard about the impulse one and only because it was re-issued.smoking record thanks
thank you so much. this is an interesting lineup.
This is cookin' my friends.
Thanks
Thanks for sharing this Coleman record! I hadn't heard it before.
I was actually quite surprised by the drive and the burn in this record!
I also like the quite raw tube overdrive she gets from her Hammond and her Leslie. There is a heavy emphasis to the Hammond keyclick sound which blends well here. Unfortunately her bass lines are buried too low in the mix (as now and then is the case even now when recording the Hammond organ).
Anyway, this is a real cooker, and recommended! The other record I would recommend by Coleman is the one with Grant Green at the guitar, 'Soul Sisters' from 1963.
Thanks again!
/Jazz Organ Fan
Post a Comment